Over the last few weeks I've been working on the final details for the next Hamtun Watches release. I'm calling it the Neon Automatic, and I'm really excited about it.
So what exactly is the Neon Automatic? No detailed spoilers yet, but here are the basics:
- It's not a dive watch. No more case details other than it's a custom design, of course
- 316L stainless steel and ceramic build
- Lots more options. 2 case colours (brushed stainless steel or matte black PVD) and 5 dial styles. So 10 options in total
- Same automatic movement as the Hamtun H1 (NH35A) Update: Swiss STP 1-11 automatic movement. See our blog post on Hamtun going Swiss.
- Lots of high quality lume. We're using Grade A Super-LumiNova on the dial and hands. This one is going to glow...
- H-link stainless steel bracelet with solid end links and a high quality clasp. No screws!
- Silicone straps to match the watch contrast colours
- Display case back, so you can see the movement working
In a similar way to the H1, the Neon Automatic features a single contrast colour that is different for each dial. On the H1 we had white, blue and stealth options. For the Neon Automatic we've got yellow, blue, green and orange neon options. They are fun, striking watches. For those of you that prefer things a little more subtle there is also a white contrast option.
I've switched to a new factory. They are more expensive than the last one but have a great reputation. They are working on the prototypes for me at the moment, and I'm aiming to open up for pre-orders towards the end of this year. I do not have a final price yet as I don't have final unit costs from the factory, but I expect it to be very much in the affordable bracket. Slightly more than the H1, but not stupidly so.
Register for alerts on the Neon Automatic to get it at the best price.
I'll be releasing more information and photos over the next few months in the build up to the launch. You can keep up to date here, or by following the Hamtun Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts.